This super easy cake with a chewy brownie-like top and a thick fudgy, puddling-like sauce on the bottom is so delicious and become even more when served warm over ice cream.
An ooey gooey chocolate cake with a chewy brownie-like top and a thick fudgy, puddling-like sauce on the bottom that’s served warm over ice cream. Down home yummy goodness that’s so simple to make.
The cake is mixed and baked all in one pan using ingredients you likely have on hand in your kitchen. This isn’t the prettiest cake, but it’s darn good.
The top of the cake has a brownie-like, chewy texture. Once you dig in, the bottom is oozing with a thick warm fugdy, pudding-like sauce.
This is wonderful served over ice cream – hence the name, Hot Fudge Sundae Cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (granulated sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts), optional
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 3/4 cups very hot water
- Ice Cream (optional)